Friday 1 February 2008

Painting Pledge - Jan 08

January draws to a close, and with it episode 1 of 12 in the exciting new miniseries "Paint more figures than you buy".

Or to put it another way, I've promised myself that in order to steadily decrease the unpainted lead mountain and inspired by the pledge on The Miniatures Page I'll... well... paint more figures than I buy - simple really.

Bought : 5
2 x 28mm Rogue trooper miniatures
3 x 28mm Grenadier Dwarfs
Painted : 5
5 x Hasslefree Grymn troops (ok so they aren't based or sealed yet but its my game so i'm playing by my rules.)
Result : 0
Breakeven!!! Yay!
Unpainted Mountain : ???
No idea - something in the region of 1500 28mm figures.

Ok, so it was a pretty slow month but i'm claiming that as a victory!! Work has been very busy - but at least that means I have less time to buy figures as well as paint them.

3 comments:

  1. This is something I've had as a personal pledge for the past 4 or 5 years now, and it's worked out great. The boxes of stuff just sitting around getting no attention are finally pretty much gone - and I enjoy everything more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but you can't go against thermodynamics' laws. Entropy (disorder) variation must be positive or 0...you have managed to keep dS = 0 this time, but eventually you'll get dS > 0...

    Just a joke, keep on workin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigel - I agree I am bucking the laws of physics. However i console myself with the knowledge that it will not last!

    ReplyDelete