Tuesday 13 October 2009

Do you think he'll notice..? XI

Well, I FINALLY finished my first competition entry. This is my submission for the Forum of Doom Diorama of Doom entry.

Now the competition rules state that I can't put up final pictures of the model but teaser pictures are encouraged... so here's a collage of bits and pieces from the full model.


Vote Brandlin - X

I have been careful not to include elements of the diorama that give away the 'story' or the 'joke'. So i hope this will still be a surprise of sorts when it is shown on the Forum of Doom.

There are some fabulous painters on the FoD and some of them are waaaaaayyy out of my league, however the DoD is judged by the owners of Hasslefree Miniatures, Heresy Miniatures, Black Scorpion Miniatures and Eolith Miniatures not just on painting but on the dioramam composition, and how it tells a story. So I am hopeful of not coming last!


3 comments:

  1. That's a very impressive teaser Alan - hope it does well for you. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 'punchline' element.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure I know what's coming, and I think it's funny, and it also looks like you've done a great job on the miniatures.

    I think this year's DoD is going to be a real corker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Thousand hats and Mr Teufal.

    While you may think you know whats coming I hope there remains a surprise when you see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete