Tuesday 18 August 2009

Twilight Maps II

The roads, rivers and settlements are completed and I've added the various decoraive elements including Cartouche and Mantle.

There are a few hundred things that need naming now, but I'm leaving that to Mike the creator of Twilight as he has a particular style.

We haven't agreed on a font yet, and I need to place a diffused background behind each text item to get it to show up on the various backgrounds properly.

Click on the map for a larger version.

I like the Sepia version of this map too:


There's also the issue of how to show the various political boundaries (all 39 of them) without losing the detail of the geography.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be tempted to go for coloured washes over the sepia map to show political boundaries and have a key to one side. You can always either use coloured hatchings to give you tha range you need or re-use colours but with a letter or number so that for example yellow 1 is different to yellow 2 with of course neither butting up against the other! I do a lot of plan based work in the course of my job and we use both methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of these, and am so glad you're making them. I'm assuming another draft is in the works, since you referenced that the fonts may change.

    ReplyDelete