Saturday 29 May 2010

Stables WIP I

Welcome to three new followers... a record for a single day around here... i'm almost becoming popular! Hi to Lord Abbaddon of Wormwood and  Nick and Ragados. I hope you find much to make you buy stuff! :)

Along with all the Pryn-Gul Tower kits and sheets of shingles I alos had a couple of sets of prototype kits for TWF-02 codenamed "Stables" cut, and I couldn't resist starting to put them together tonight.

I'm certainly pushing the cutter and the material further on this kit than I did on the Pryn-Gul Tower. What surprised me was how well the stairway went together. A few minor teething problems and I need to allow a little more in the geometry for losses in the laser but this went together remarkably well.
The doorway Is double the width of the one on the Pryn-Gul Tower, and is supposed to be a stable door. But squeezing it into just one storey height has left it too short - so a re-think needed there. Have to find space on the sheet to make it taller - already a bit cramped!



here you can see the intricate treads and risers with curved supports under the stairs... I'm quite proud of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment