Monday 31 May 2010

A stable is born...

I finished the assembly of the Stables prototype kit today, so I thought I would post a few pictures. As is typical with prototypes i have a list of improvements and snags to fix... but this list is 27 items long! so quite a bit to fix.

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice that I haven't added the dreaded helical handrail. I made a complete mess of designing it and put the wrong number of railing holes in it and made it too short - must have been an off day!

I'm also not happy with the main door to the ground level stables - its too low, so I shall redesign it to lift the apex of the gable end up a cm or two above the horizontal railing - that way a mounted figure can actually get in!

I'm pleased with the dormer window though and the structure of the stairs and top railing is very strong and solid.

And a final picture with the stucco/render texture applied.

As always comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Hello to Andy and Krasnopalcy our 64th and 65th followers. Welcome, make yourself comfortable,there's beer in the fridge and plenty of pringles... dont throw the tubes away though :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry most real stables lack the headroom to enter whilst mounted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi derk... yes, but the horses don't have to duck do they? ;)

    ReplyDelete